The Lufthansa Airlines, which is commonly known as Lufthansa, is one of the largest airlines of Europe. In terms of the passengers carried by this Airline, it is the second largest airline in whole Europe. Here in this article, we will have a look at the process of Lufthansa Airlines Reservations and other important aspects related to the reservations process.
Lufthansa Airlines Reservations Process
The Lufthansa Reservations process can be divided in to offline processes and online processes. In the offline processes, the Lufthansa Flight Booking is done without the use of internet. In the online processes, the internet is used as a medium to do the reservations. We will closely look both these processes in the below section.
Lufthansa Offline Reservations
- Lufthansa Reservations by calling customer care
- Lufthansa Reservations by Visiting Airport
- Lufthansa Reservations by Visiting Kiosk Centre
Lufthansa Online Reservations
- Lufthansa Flight Booking through the app
- Lufthansa Flight Booking through the website
Lufthansa flight booking Offline Methods Are:-
Lufthansa flight booking Through Customer Care
The most common method of offline Lufthansa Airlines Reservations is to call the customer care department and book the ticket. When you call the customer care, you can let the executive know that you want to book the tickets. You will be asked the details of your trips and the flight you want to take for the journey. After you have finalized your flight, you will be asked details of the passengers travelling in the flight. You will be required to provide the particulars of the passengers including Name, Age etc.
You will be asked to do the payment and once the payment is done from your side, you will be notified that your ticket is successfully booked. This is a very simple process of booking the tickets and the ticket is booked on the phone call itself.
Lufthansa flight booking Through Ticket Counter in the Airport
Another way of Lufthansa Airlines Reservations offline is to visit the airport physically and book the tickets in the ticket counter located in the airport. If it happens that you are going near airport, you can visit the airport to book your tickets. In the reservation counter, you will be offered a form, which needs to be duly filled by you. The details of the flight, travel date as well as the details of the passengers all need to be filled in the form.
You will be notified about the total cost of the tickets and you can pay based on your preferred payment option. You can also pay in cash for the tickets as this option is available while booking the tickets through the reservation counter. A hard copy of the ticket will be provided to you which you need to preserve for the future reference.
Booking the ticket through the ticket counter in the airport is also the cheapest way of booking the tickets as you will get cheap tickets on airports. There are no commissions which are usually charged when you book your tickets through any agent or any third party platform.
Lufthansa flight booking Through Kiosk Centres
In the offline methods of Lufthansa Booking, you also have the option to book the tickets by visiting the Kiosk Centres. Many Kiosk centres are established by Lufthansa airlines to support the customers in their needs. One can visit the Kiosk centres and let the executives know that you want to book the tickets. You will be provided complete support in the Kiosk and you can book your tickets easily.
This can be a preferred way of Lufthansa Booking, in case the Kiosk centre of the Lufthansa airlines is near to you and you don’t have to travel much to visit the Kiosk centre. There are many Kiosk Centres established by the major airlines, spreading in complete cities. Along with booking the tickets, many other tasks can be performed in the Kiosk centres related to your travel in the Lufthansa airlines.
Lufthansa Flight Reservations Online Methods Are:-
Reservations Through the Lufthansa Airlines Official App
In case you are having a smartphone and you want to book the tickets through your phone, you can do so by using the Official app of Lufthansa airlines. The step by step process of Lufthansa Seat Reservation with the app is mentioned below:
- First you have to download the app from the play store, in case you are using an android device. In case you are using an IPhone, you can download the app from the app store of IPhone.
- After downloading the app, you are required to install the app on your device.
- Once, the app is installed you have to register for an account with the app. You can use your mobile number for the same and provide the OTP confirmation to confirm the registration process.
- After you have registered, you have to log in to your account and select the option to book the ticket.
- You will be taken to an interface, where you can search your flight based on your preferences.
- You can search the flight based on type of trip, which can be one way or round trip. You can also have the option of selecting the multicity trip, if required.
- You will be prompted to provide the starting airport, destination as well as travel date and number of passengers. The detail should include the number of adults and number of children intended to travel in the flight.
- Based on your search preferences, a list of flights will be shown to you along with the cost of the tickets. You can choose the best one out of the list based on the different parameters mentioned along with the flight.
- Once you have selected the flight, the next step is to proceed for the payment. You will be provided various options to pay including the debit cards, credit cards and UPI payments.
- Select your preferred option of payment and execute the payment to make the booking.
- On successfully executing the payment, you will be notified that your ticket is booked successfully.
- You will be provided a confirmation number for future reference. The details of the ticket will also be mailed to your email ID.
The above is the process of Lufthansa Seat Reservation online through the official app of Lufthansa airlines. The similar process can also be followed while booking the tickets online through the website of Lufthansa airlines.
Flight Reservations Through the Lufthansa Airlines Website
The process of Lufthansa Seat Reservation through the website of Lufthansa airlines is similar to that of booking the tickets with the app. The step by step process for the same is given below:
- Open the website having URL, www.lufthansa.com
- Go to the home page and login to the account.
- In case you are a first time user, you will be required to register for the account. An email verification will be required for registration.
- After, you login, select the option of booking the flight ticket.
- You will be taken to the booking page, where you can search for your preferred flights.
- Select your preferred light and provide the details of the passengers.
- Proceed with the payment and complete the booking process.
- Details of the ticket booking will be sent to the registered email ID.
Thus, we have seen the online processes to book tickets with Lufthansa airlines. You will require a device like phone or computer and an active internet connection on your device to book the flights online with Lufthansa airlines.
Important aspects related to flight booking with Lufthansa
Some of the important points to consider before Lufthansa Airlines Reservations are as follows:
- While booking the tickets online, there are many options of the partner websites, which can be chosen to book the tickets. It is best to make a good research of such websites and find the ones which offer you highest discounts. This will ensure that you don’t spend much on the tickets and get the cheapest tickets.
- It is best to book the tickets by physically visiting the airport. This will ensure that you get the cheapest tickets.
- You should try to book your tickets as early as possible and well before the departure date of the flight. This will ensure that you get the tickets in cheap rates. The earlier you will book, the cheaper the tickets you will be able to avail.
- Book the tickets on weekdays rather than weekends. This will also lead you to get cheap tickets to travel with Lufthansa airlines.
FAQs Related To Lufthansa Airlines Reservations
Some important FAQs related to Lufthansa Airlines Reservations are mentioned below:
The most common way of booking the ticket with Lufthansa airlines is through the official website of Lufthansa airlines.
In order to get the cheapest tickets the best way is to visit the airport and book the tickets in the Reservation counter located in the airport.
Yes one can cancel the tickets booked already with Lufthansa airlines. You are also entitled for a refund in case of cancelling the tickets.
The most convenient way of check in is the online check-in. You can now check in through your computer or smartphone and get the boarding pass online.
Yes you can upgrade your ticket to business class with Lufthansa airlines. You will be required to pay for the extra cost of the ticket in this case.