Now a days, people travelling with different airlines are making online reservations or online bookings for them. This is also the case with Alaska airlines. For many people Alaska airlines is a preferred airlines for the journey. Here in this article, we will have a look at the Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy as well as different ways of doing the Alaska Airlines Cancellation. We will also see some key reasons due to which the people cancel their tickets.
What is Alaska Airlines flight cancellation policy
Before we discuss other things, let’s first have a look at the Alaska Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy. Some of the important clauses of the cancellation policy are as follows:
- You are entitled for 100 percent refund in case you have booked a refundable tickets. There are two main types of tickets, refundable and non-refundable. If you have booked refundable type of tickets for your journey, you will get full refund on your tickets.
- You will also be getting full refund if you cancel the tickets within 24 hours of the time of doing the reservations. No charges will be deducted if you cancel the tickets within 24 hours. This is the case even if your tickets are not of refundable type.
- The third important clause of Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy is that you will be entitled for partial refund, in case you cancel your tickets of Non-Refundable type. That is a fixed cancellation fee will be charged in case you cancel the non-refundable tickets after 24 hours of booking.
The above are the main clauses of cancellation policy of Alaska airlines. Now that we have looked at the main clauses, let’s have a look at the key methods of doing the Alaska Airlines Cancellation.
Doing Alaska Airlines flight cancellation via the Official website
The Alaska Airlines Cancellation can be done through the website if you booked the tickets through the same. For doing the cancellation, you have to first log in to the website. Then on the home page you have to click the option of manage bookings. After this a list of your active flights will be shown. You have to click on the flight to cancel and click the cancel button. By following this process your flight will be cancelled and your refund will be added to your account.
Doing Alaska Airlines flight cancellation via the official app
The Alaska Airlines Cancel Flight can also be done through the official app, if you booked the tickets through the app in the first place. For doing the cancellation, you have to log in to your app and go to the manage-booking section. In the manage-booking section you will see all your flights and you will also see the option to cancel the tickets. Through this cancel option you can cancel your flights and get the refund credited in your account.
Doing Alaska Airlines flight cancellation via the travel agents
In case you are not familiar with the technology or you don’t want to do the cancellation online yourself, you can approach some travel agent and he will do the cancellation of tickets on your behalf. He will charge some extra service charge apart from the Alaska Airlines Cancellation Fee and will return you the remaining amount of refund.
Doing Alaska Airlines flight cancellation by going to the airport
If you have booked your tickets by going to the airport you will be having a hard copy of the ticket with you. You can cancel this ticket by taking the hard copy again to the reservation centre. You can ask the ticketing executive to cancel your tickets and he will do it on your behalf. He will also return you the refund amount in cash. This is a very easy way of doing the Alaska Airlines Cancellation.
Doing the cancellation by visiting the nearby Kiosk Centre
Different airlines including the Alaska airlines have established various Kiosk Centres in different parts of big cities. In case you have a Kiosk centre near to you, then you can go there and get your tickets cancelled there. The staff in the Kiosk centre will guide you through the complete process of doing the Alaska Airlines Cancellation.
Thus, the above are the key ways of doing the cancellation of tickets booked with Alaska airlines. Now we will see some common reasons of why the customers cancel their tickets. That is, what are the potential reasons due to which the passengers cancel their tickets?
Main Reasons of Cancellation
- The first and most important reasons for cancellation can be the emergencies faced by the passengers. Due to the emergencies faced by the users they cancel their tickets.
- Another important reason of cancellation can be the change in plan of the passengers. Due to different reasons there can be change in plan which may be responsible for the cancellation of tickets.
- Factors like illness also contributes to the cancellation of tickets. It may be possible that the user is unwell and is unable to travel. This may lead to the cancellation of tickets by the users. There is a separate Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy for Illness which can be referred to know more about it.
Thus, we have seen in detail, the key reasons of cancellation of tickets by the passengers of different airlines including the Alaska airlines.